Live Ledge #246: Covers

It's been quite some time since I put together a show of cover tunes. Yet I still wondered if I had enough material to actually put one together.
I certainly did, and the vast majority of these tracks are from recent releases. It's a wide range of tunes, from Fucked Up covering the Grateful Dead to Sturgill Simpson performing a Nirvana tune. Most impressive (to me at least) are the two tracks I played from a record I obtained just hours before tonight's broadcast. Who knew that former Cheap Trick drummer Bun E. Carlos had a new solo album? Who would have predicted it would be this great? I certainly never did.
It's no Sgt. Pepper, but Greetings From Bunezuella is great fun. Carlos and his famous friends (Alexandro Escovedo, Dave Pirner, Robert Pollrd, etc.) are clearly having a ball remaking songs by the likes of the Who, Dylan, and the Bee Gees.
The only non-covers in tonight's show are a couple of tracks recorded two weeks ago at the Wreckless Eric show. The almost two hour performance was fabulous, and I'm happy to share a couple of my favorite moments.
As always grab this from iTunes, Tunein, Stitcher, or...

CLICK HERE TO STREAM OR DOWNLOAD!!!!

1. Fucked Up, Cream Puff War
2. Wreckless Eric, Whole Wide World
3. Wreckless Eric, Semaphore Signals
4. Mick Harvey, The Man With The Cabbage Head
5. Colvin & Earle, Tobacco Road
6. Colvin & Earle, Ruby Tuesday
7. The Waco Brothers, All or Nothing
8. Lydia Loveless, When You Were Mine
9. Sturgill Simpson, In Bloom
10. Best Coast, Dumb
11. Beach Slang, About a Girl
12. Bun E. Carlos, Armenia City In The Sky
13. Bun E. Carlos, It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry
14. Cheap Trick, The In Crowd
15. The Forty Nineteens, Moonlight Drive
16. The Lime Spiders, Save My Soul
17. The Chesterfield Kings, Street Fighting Man
18. Schlong, Rainy Days And Mondays
19. The BellRays, Living For the City
20. Julian Casablancas, White Light White Heat
21. Willie Nile, Sweet Jane
22. The Feelies, Barstool Blues
23. Melvins, I Want To Tell You
24. Dwarves, Brand New Cadillac
25. Gøggs, Billy Is A Runaway
26. Bruiser Queen, Black Coats White Fear
27. Naz Nomad & The Nightmares, I Had Too Much to Dream (Last Night)
28. Tycoons of Teen, And Then He Kissed Me
29. The Traditional Fools, Rumble
30. Mexrrissey, International Playgirl (The Last Of The Famous International Playboys)
31. Blowfly, Fakin' The Bi

Comments

Popular Posts