Live Ledge #173: Halloween

Halloween is my favorite holiday. No, I'm not one of those fools that dresses up like a moron and gets shitfaced drunk. I've just always enjoyed the concept of a special day that has absolutely no pressure to deliver. There's no special meal to be prepared and/or devoured. You don't have to read minds on the needs and desires of family members. You simply hand out some cheap candy to neighborhood kids.
This is where I excel. For 364 days of the year, I'm not the best neighbor. I don't attend residential gatherings. I don't meet at the mailbox to discuss the weather or politics. My wanderings around these blocks are always accompanied by ear buds. I'm also the token divorced guy that plays loud music a good portion of the time. Halloween is my night to be a good neighbor, and I make the most of it by purchasing way too much candy. Every kid at my door receives a good handful of treats...and they're good treats. None of that super cheap crap candy no kid has ever liked. 
The day is also the best when it comes to music. While the majority of Christmas music is MOR garbage, most Halloween-inspired tunes are actually pretty great. Especially when it comes to punk, garage rock, and other forms of underground music. Tonight's show marks the fourth year of Halloween-themed episodes, and it's as good as the previous broadcasts. Grab this from the usual sources, or...


1. The Gaslight Anthem, Halloween  
2. Jackie Morningstar, Rockin' In the GraveYard  
3. Billy Taylor, Wombie Zombie  
4. Screaming Lord Sutch, I'm in Love with Dracula's Daughter  
5. Ronnie Dawson, Rockin' Bones  
6. Heil Hipster, Halloween  
7. The Nimrods, I Wanna Be A Groovie Ghoulie  
8. Round Robin, I'm the Wolfman 
9. The Affected, Ghoulies Are Go! 
10. Baby Ghosts, Ghost Boyfriend  
11. Scruffy The Cat, The Ghost Song  
12. The Fall, There's A Ghost In My House  
13. Subculture, Ghost Town Daze  
14. The Creeping Ivies, Ghost World  
15. Nervebreakers, I Wanna Kill You  
16. Nashville Pussy, Till the Meat Falls Off the Bone 
17. Reverend Horton Heat, Zombie 
18. Los Straitjackets, Theme From Halloween  
19. Ramones, You're Gonna Kill That Girl  
20. The Dictators, Slow Death  
21. The Vibrators, Bleed to Death  
22. Jesus Sons, You Put A Spell On Me  
23. Wooden Shjips, Ghouls  
24. Star Chiefs, Zombie Attack  
25. The Ghouls, Monsterbilly Heaven  
26. Groovie Ghoulies, Blood Beach  
27. The Smugglers, Death At Disneyland  
28. Subhumans, Death to the Sickoids  
29. Famous Monsters, Blood of Frankenstein  
30. Pointed Sticks, The Witch  
31. The DeRellas, Kill Me Kill You 
32. Dead Bundy & The Neat Neat Neats, Werewolf In A Girl's Dormitory  
33. OFF!, Death Trip On The Party Train  
34. Memphis Morticians, Dead By Dawn  
35. The Fall-Outs, Zombie 
36. Bad Vision, Flesh, Blood and Bones 
37. The Hares, Ghoul Goes West 

Comments

Popular Posts