Live Ledge #156: Blog Finds

A couple of days ago, I woke up to discover that somebody had uploaded a new recording of the second Coachella appearance by The Replacements. Yes! I immediately downloaded it, but there was a bit of an issue. While it was easily the best recording I've heard of all of the shows so far, it was also way too bass-heavy. It almost sounded like it was Tommy's monitor mix.
To make this recording a bit more listenable, I contacted my buddy Pat Gayken. He's the epitome of a sound geek. Besides running sound for a zillion bands over the last 20 years, he's also one of those guys that enjoys playing around with mixers and mastering equipment. I sent him the recording, and within an hour he had improved it! It still needs some work, especially since a YouTube recording is bound to have some dropouts, but to my tired old ears it's great.
Tonight's show features a few songs from that performance, along with various odds and ends that I've found in the blogopshere. There's a section dedicated to the Bloodstains Across the UK 3 compilaion, and a few from a Swingin' Utters tribute record. It's a fun little show, although I had to cut it short to head out to see my son's band.
Grab this from the various sources, or...

CLICK HERE TO STREAM/DOWNLOAD!!!

Comments

Scott said…
Hey Scott, any chance of making that audio-tweaked Coachella show available to download? Cheers...
Scott said…
Hey Scott, any chance of making that audio-tweaked Coachella show available to download? Cheers...

Popular Posts