Live Ledge #92: Best of 2012

I almost didn't do a show tonight, as the tragedy in Connecticut had me kind of freaking out a bit. Plus, would anybody really care about my dumb show tonight after the more serious activity of the day?
Finally, I decided to go for it mainly so I wouldn't have to endure the redundant info and gun control fights that are going to plague TV, radio, and social media for the next few days. A twitter friend even encouraged me, saying that maybe some music will take people's minds off this stuff.
So I did just that, and even went over my two-hour limit on realpunkradio. Today's show is the unveiling of my best albums of 2012, and since there was no Mojo Workout I decided to air tracks from all forty albums instead of my usual format of fitting the tracks that work on our site.
I'll have the full-length unveiling of my list (and the accompanying manifesto) in the next few days, but the track listing will tell you all you really need to know. Sunday's Rural Ledge-ucation will be devoted to the best reissues, compilations, and other remastered material from the year. Please tune in to realpunkradio.com at 11 am EST that morning for those treats. Until then, grab this show from the usual online spots, or...

DIRECTLY STREAM/DOWNLOAD BY CLICKING HERE!!!

(Note: the tracks were played in reverse order of my list. You know, like a real countdown.)


1. JEFF The Brotherhood, Sixpack
2. Dinosaur Jr., Don't Pretend You Didn't Know
3. Mark Lanegan Band, The Gravedigger's Song
4. Allah-Las, Tell Me (What's On Your Mind)
5. The Mahones, Makes No Sense At All
6. King Tuff, Keep On Movin'
7. The White Wires, All Night Long
8. Guided By Voices, Class Clown Spots a UFO
9. Aimee Mann, Living A Lie
10. Jay Farrar, V.D. City
11. Gentleman Jesse, Word Gets Around
12. Mind Spiders, More Than You
13. Lucero, Women & Work
14. The Orwells, Mallrats (La La La)
15. Cheap Girls, Gone All Summer
16. Howler, Back To The Grave
17. Father John Misty, Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings
18. Jimmy Cliff, Guns Of Brixton
19. The Babies, Slow Walkin
20. Biters, Oh Yea(The Bitch Wants More)
21. The Jim Jones Revue, Where Da Money Go?
22. Spiritualized, Hey Jane
23. Waxahatchee, Magic City Wholesale
24. Tim Armstrong, Just For Tonight
25. Alejandro Escovedo, Headstrong Crazy Fools
26. Jaill, Everyone's a Bitch
27. Jack White, I'm Shakin'
28. Legendary Wings, Cartoon
29. Neil Young With Crazy Horse, Psychedelic Pill (Alternate Mix)
30. Matthew Ryan, Amy I'm Letting Go
31. Mission Of Burma, Second Television
32. Titus Andronicus, Upon Viewing Oregon's Landscape With The Flood Of Detritus
33. Chuck Prophet, Play That Song Again
34. OFF, King Kong Brigade
35. Redd Kross, Stay Away From Downtown
36. Japandroids, The House That Heaven Built
37. Bob Mould, The Descent
38. Bob Dylan, Long And Wasted Years
39. Cloud Nothings, Stay Useless
40. The Men, Animal

Comments

Popular Posts