Rural Ledge-ucation #59: Weddings Stink!

It's probably no surprise that I'm no fan of weddings. They're uncomfortable gatherings. I don't like dressing up, and the food and music is generally offensive to my admittedly closed-minded standards. Plus, I'm against the whole idea of marriage. I tried it once, and it didn't work. It's doubtful I'll ever stoop to that level again.
So today's show gathers tunes that share that anti-wedding theme, inspired by a shuffled play of "Nobody" by The Replacements. Shocking, yes, that this band would inspire yet another show. Next week's show will be a sequel of sorts, an anti-marriage episode. If you have any suggestions for tracks to air on that broadcast, please leave them as comments to this post, or email them to me at paulisded@yahoo.com.
As always, the show can be found in the iTunes store, can be streamed on Stitcher, or...

DIRECTLY DOWNLOAD/STREAM IT BY CLICKING HERE!!!


1. Stud Cole, Stop The Wedding
2. The Replacements, Nobody
3. The Replacements, You're Getting Married
4. Elvis Costello, Alison
5. Rockpile, I Knew The Bride
6. Evan Dando & Juliana Hatfield, $1,000 Wedding
7. Laura Cantrell, I Gave My Wedding Dress Away
8. Jerry Lee Lewis, Wedding Bells
9. Old 97's, Borrowed Bride
10. Leeroy Stagger, Waste Of A Wedding
11. Jim Cuddy, Married Again
12. Two Cow Garage, Bastards And Bridesmaids
13. Jason Isbell, Shotgun Wedding
14. Billy Bragg & Wilco, Don't You Marry
15. Paul Kelly, I Can't Believe We Were Married
16. John Wesley Harding, Bridegroom Blues
17. Bob Dylan, Groom's Still Waiting At The Altar
18. The Kinks, Labour Of Love
19. Guided By Voices, Big Boring Wedding
20. Excuse 17, This Is Not Your Wedding Song
21. XTC, Big Day
22. Drive-By Truckers, Marry Me

Comments

Popular Posts