Live Ledge #60: 1987 (Again)

A couple of nights ago, there was a Facebook conversation about the great day when the Replacements played in Sioux Falls back in 1987. That started the wheels turning, and I decided to do a show of music from that year. One problem, though. I forgot that I had already put together a show based around that subject.
After being upset at myself for a few hours, though, I decided to go through with that format once again. Hey, it was a great year for me personally...and musically. Besides other tracks from the albums I utilized back in January, there were all kinds of bands that I neglected in that episode. So here they are - from pure punk to covers to roots rock to British indie pop. Plus, your host drank wine throughout the entire show.
Download this now from the usual sources, or

DIRECTLY STREAM/DOWNLOAD IT HERE!


1. Hoodoo Gurus, Party Machine
2. The Smiths, I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
3. The Jazz Butcher, Looking for Lot 49
4. The Wedding Present, What Did Your Last Servant Die Of?
5. The Close Lobsters, Sewer Pipe Dream
6. The Connells, Scotty's Lament
7. The Cat Heads, Hangin' Around
8. Alter Boys, One Step Ahead of the Rain
9. Bobby Sutliff, Same Way Tomorrow
10. The Jesus & Mary Chain, Some Candy Talking
11. Miracle Legion, Academy Fight Song
12. The Fleshtones, Treat Her Like A Lady
13. Pixies, Nimrod's Son
14. Saints, Just Like Fire Would
15. Scruffy the Cat, My Baby She's Allright
16. Los Lobos, Shakin' Shakin' Shakes
17. X, You
18. The Replacements, Can't Hardly Wait (Alternate Version)
19. Husker Du, Back From Somewhere
20. The Ramones, Bop 'Til You Drop
21. The Cult, Lil' devil
22. Sonic Youth, Schizophrenia
23. Dinosaur Jr, Just Like Heaven
24. Firehose, Honey Please
25. Descendents, Clean Sheets
26. Lime Spiders, Action Woman
27. D.O.A., Tackin' Care of Business
28. Hard-Ons, Then I Kissed Her
29. Angry Samoans, Somebody To Love
30. The Lemonheads, Don't Tell Yourself
31. Goo Goo Dolls, I'm Addicted
32, Butthole Surfers, Pittsburgh To Lebanon

Comments

Popular Posts