The Ledge, Episode 52: Happy Birthday, Keith Richards!

Exactly one year ago, I sat down in front of my laptop with my brand new Snowball microphone and produced my very first episode of The Ledge. Of course, it was a complete shambolic mess, which sadly is my most-downloaded episode to date, but it started me on this little project that has consumed most of my free time over the last twelve months. Thank you to those who have listened to my obscure music choices and my inane banter.

But this episode is also noteworthy as Keith Richards turns 67 years old this Saturday. I've gathered together some of my favorite Stones covers, along with a couple of Stones originals, in this two hour celebration of the man who is the epitome of rock 'n' roll, both in musical terms but also in lifestyle. As always, subscribe via iTunes, listen to realpunkradio this Friday at 5 pm central time, or download it here.

Here's the setlist:

1. Rolling Stones, Bye Bye Johnny

2. Replacements, 'Round and 'Round

3. Replacements, Route 66

4. Alejandro Escovedo, Sway

5. The Pogues, Honky Tonk Woman

6. The Dirtbombs, No Expectations

7. The White Stripes, Stop Breaking Down

8. Rolling Stones, Little T&A

9. The Who, The Last Time

10. The Standells, 19th Nervous Breakdown

11. Alex Chilton, Jumping Jack Flash

12. Frank Black, Down In the Hole

13. The Feelies, Paint It Black

14. Social Distortion, Under My Thumb

15. Social Distortion, It's All Over Now

16. The Dead Boys, Tell Me

17. The Pagans, Heart of Stone

18. Rolling Stones, Happy

19. Steve Earle & the Supersuckers, Before They Make Me Run

20. Nine Pound Hammer, Dead Flowers

21. Devil Dogs, It's Not Easy

22. The Ramones, Out of Time

23. Celibate Rifles, Child Of the Moon

24. Groovie Ghoulies, 2000 Man

25. The Damned, Citadel

26. New Bomb Turks, Summer Romance

27. New Bomb Turks, Jivin' Sister Fanny

28. Devo, (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

29. Thee Shams, Under My Thumb

30. Rolling Stones w/Jack White, Shine a Light

Comments

eatonRock said…
Scott I really enjoy listening to "The Ledge". Hoping to hear all episodes during the next few weeks, now that I have a ipod. Peace Rocky

Popular Posts